Andrew Karre at Dutton has acquired world English rights to Botched by Shannon Gibney (Dream Country). A blend of speculative fiction and memoir, the book explores Shannon’s childhood as a mixed black transracial adoptee while weaving together multiple imagined timelines—if her adoption had never happened; if her children were her parents and if her adoptive parents were her children; if she had met her birth father—in order to make sense of her identity for her teenage self. Publication is planned for fall 2021; Tina Dubois at ICM Partners did the deal.
- Applications now open for the Writing Through Trauma Intensive Weekend for Black Writers
- Shannon Gibney named as a Minnesota State Educator of the Year
- Where We Come From: Featured in the “Stars of the North”at the MSP airport.
- Cover Reveal: The Girl I Am, Was, and Never Will Be
- Public humanities course at Minneapolis College: Fall 2022