Erik Anderson at University of Minnesota Press has acquired world rights to Shannon Gibney‘s debut picture book, Sam and the Incredible African and American Food Fight, about a boy who feels pressured to choose between his African American and Liberian heritage and ultimately learns to embrace them both. Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe Illustrator Award for New Talent artist Charly Palmer will illustrate. Publication is set for spring 2022; Tina Dubois at ICM Partners represented the author, and the illustrator represented himself.
- Applications now open for the Writing Through Trauma Intensive Weekend for Black Writers
- Shannon Gibney named as a Minnesota State Educator of the Year
- Where We Come From: Featured in the “Stars of the North”at the MSP airport.
- Cover Reveal: The Girl I Am, Was, and Never Will Be
- Public humanities course at Minneapolis College: Fall 2022