Shannon is thrilled to be a virtual writing mentor through the Grand Marais Arts Colony this fall 2020 and winter 2021.
Mentoring sessions are one-hour in length, tailored to address your aesthetic, professional, and craft questions. Upon registration, students will receive a survey to select a mentor subject and tell us more about their needs.
Shannon is available to connect with artists on the following topics:
- Portfolio Review
- Input and guidance on current in-progress work
- Goal setting for short and long-term projects
- Get out of the Box: Exercises for experimentation and risk-taking
- Discussion of materials and supplies
- Marketing: matching your artistic vision with how you share your work
- Identifying professional opportunities, such as exhibitions, residencies, or funding sources
- Crafting an artist statement or bio
For more information, or to sign up, please visit: