Shannon Gibney was awarded a Michael L. Printz Honor for her novel/memoir The Girl I Am, Was, and Never Will Be (Dutton, 2023). “The Michael L. Printz Award annually honors the best book written for teens, based entirely on its literary merit, each year. In addition, the Printz Committee names up to four honor books, which also represent the best writing in young adult literature. The awards announcement is made at the ALA [American Library Association] Midwinter Meeting as part of the Youth Media Awards and is celebrated with a program and reception each year at the ALA Annual Conference.”
- Gibney is 2024 Michael L. Printz Award Honoree
- Applications now open for the Writing Through Trauma Intensive Weekend for Black Writers
- Shannon Gibney named as a Minnesota State Educator of the Year
- Where We Come From: Featured in the “Stars of the North”at the MSP airport.
- Cover Reveal: The Girl I Am, Was, and Never Will Be